The Act and the Rules impose restrictions on how we may use collects, receives, possess, stores, deals or handle information of provider of information.
1. Information We Collect
We collect the following information which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Name, address and phone number;
- E-mail address;
- Internet Protocol address;
- Age and Gender;
- Preferences and settings for the home page and other pages on our site, preferences for time-zone, language, etc;
- URL of the last page visited before visiting our website;
- Your browsing pattern, search history, links clicked, services viewed, features used to view services, the duration of such views, etc.;
- Information received through peer-to-peer electronic communication (Examples: Telephonic conversation, emails, online chat, etc.);
- User Content and/or any specific Online interaction (Examples: Testimonials, and feedbacks);
- KYC norms;
- Financial history and situation;
- Risk appetite, Investment objectives and duration of investments;
- Income details;
- Existing investments / assets; and
- Liability / borrowing details.
In addition to the above, we may conduct surveys, polls and other information gathering tools on our website to get your feedback about various things such as your experience with our website, the products and services offered, and so forth. We also collect information on browsing behavior, pages viewed, and other information required for analytics purposes.
Opulent may, in its absolute discretion, suspend/hold its services where the KYC requirements are incomplete or incorrect or showing status as pending in KRA sites. The User will not hold Opulent liable for such incidents.
This document does not extend to information, if any, which is not covered by privacy laws.
2. Usage of Information
Opulent use the information provided by the User for the following purpose:
Your information is used to:
- To provide the service you request;
- Assess your capacity to absorb loss;
- Indentify your ability to accept the risk of loss of capital;
- Interpret your responses for risk profiling;
- Communicate your risk profile to you;
- Update your risk assessment periodically;
- Provide you our services including but not limited to Research Analyst and Investment advisory services;
- To send you e-mail notifications; and
- To send newsletters, research report, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes;
Opulent may use information for further purposes:
- To develop, enhance, market, sell or provide our products or services, or those of companies with which we have a commercial relationship;
- To issue invoices, administer accounts, collect and process payments;
- To provide tips or guidance on how to use our website, inform you of new features on our website, or provide other information that may be of interest to you;
- To personalize the service we provide to you, tailor your experience to your interests and make more appropriate recommendations;
- To send you e-mails, e-newsletters, personalized offers via direct messaging or other communications about our services, if you have subscribed to receive this information;
- To process and track your transactions;
- To evaluate credit standing and to match credit bureau or credit reporting agency information; to investigate, detect and protect ourselves and other third parties against error, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, theft and other illegal activities.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business;
- To audit compliance with our policies, contractual obligations and statutory obligations; and
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or provisions; or for any other purpose to which you consent.
Additionally, we may share your information in any other circumstances where we have your express consent. In every event that we share your information with any third party, we ensure to the best of our efforts that your personal data is handled with securely without any danger of leakage or breach
When you use the website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, you agree and understand that you are communicating with us through electronic records and you consent to receive communications via electronic records from us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
4. Disclosure Policy:
We disclose your personal information in the manner below.
- Staff and Employees: We will share your personal information with our staff member(s) and employees for the purpose of providing services (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative);
- Third Party: We share information with third parties only when needed to deliver to you products or services that you request. We may share your information including personal information to third parties to carry out technical, logistical and other functions on our behalf (for example sending emails, SMSs or newsletters to users). We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about you and your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. When you click on links and/or ad banners that take you to third-party websites, the third party may collect information about you at their Website/application. The third party may have its own privacy policies that differ from ours. We encourage you to read such posted privacy statement(s) whenever interacting with any website you visit. However, we ensure to the best of our efforts protection of your data and that your personal data is handled with securely without any danger of leakage or breach.
Except as set forth above, we will not transfer your personal information to an unrelated third party without your consent.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-Personal Information, such as the number of users who searched for a particular term, for example, or how many users clicked on hypertext link. Such information does not identify you individually.
- Analytics information: We may use third party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage treads for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We may collect and use this analytics information from other users to identify any particular individual user.
- Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Services, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Opulent. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Services and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Services may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Services;
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services;
- develop and test new products and features;
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- diagnose or fix technology problems;
5. Protecting Your Privacy – Security
All of our Users' information (whether or not sensitive) is restricted in our offices. Our staff and employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy policies and practices and are regularly reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to ensure our customers' information is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment.
6. Your Options- Choice/Opt-out
Our users are given the opportunity to 'opt-out/unsubscribe' from receiving certain offers and emails, SMS and calls from us.
Users, who no longer wish to receive any communication from us, may opt-out of receiving these communications by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Data Retention and Erasure
- Please note that if you request for the erasure of your Personal Information; We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that user from opening a new account in the future.
- We may retain and use your Personal Information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations and reasons of public interests. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information you have shared with others (e.g., Reviews, forum postings) may continue to be publicly visible on the website, even after your account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Because we maintain copies of Personal Information to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Phishing is a term used to describe a type of Internet scam in which inauthentic emails that appear to be coming from a legitimate source are sent in an attempt to trick you into providing confidential information. These emails usually invoke a sense of urgency and often imply that your account is about to be closed unless immediate action is taken. They will often ask you to click on a link that leads you to a webpage that simulates that of the legitimate source, but is really a page specially designed to get you to input your confidential information such as account number, password, or credit card number. The thieves then use that information to commit fraud and identity theft against you.
Please know that Opulent takes the privacy of our users very seriously. We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we may use to protect your information are firewalls and data encryption, and information access controls. If you know or have reason to believe that your account credentials have been lost, stolen, altered, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account, please contact us at email@example.com. If you have any additional questions about the security at our Service, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Other web sites and services:
10. Your Rights:
GDPR has provided the following rights to customers who are residents of countries who are members of the European Union:
- Right to information including contact details to the Data protecting Officer of Opulent, the purposes for processing user information and the rights of the user.
- Right to access the Purchase Information that are processed by Opulent
- Right to erasure (“Right to be forgotten”) - this includes the right of the user to have all personal data to be erased from the records of the data controller.
- Right to rectification of Purchase Information that is processed by Opulent
- Right to restriction of processing personal data
- Right to data portability of the Purchase Information supplied to Opulent by the user.
- Right to object (opt-out) to processing Sensitive Personal Data (unless Opulent otherwise has compelling legitimate grounds)
In the event you delete the account, we will not store your data beyond the period where it is required for us.
11. Contacting us
Opulent Investment Adviser Private Limited
Office No.61, Maker Tower E, G D Somani Marg, Cuffe Parade, Mumbai-400005
13. Changes in Corporate Structure
14. Disputes And Jurisdiction